Dad in the City: Part 1

/ 6.03.2013 /
AAAAAAA++++++++++ View from the AIRPLANE as we entered NEWARK! 
I left my house at 4:15 am (no sleep from the night before) with my BFF Cole to pick up my father and head to the airport. We took off at 6 am headed toward the "Big Apple" with one minor stop in Texas. (This is where I took weird pictures of my dad and spent too much time trying to edit them on my phone.)
Amado, Sleeping
A long train ride and too many subways we landed ourselves in Brooklyn at 7:30, starving and sweating because I had packed too much and we had carted ourselves around the city with it. (98 lbs plus a sewing machine, purse and my dads carry-on... oops!). We ate pizza and then we fell ASLEEP! ZZZzzz
"I hate my daughter and her luggage." 

The next day I woke up bright and early, 10 am (but in my defense that is 7:00 Tucson time so I'm a rock star), washed the sticky off meh body and headed out. 

First my father and I ate DELICIOUS doughnuts at Dough.
Lemon Poppy Seed. YUMM
Srsly, so good. If any one comes in visits, this is one of the first places we will go. (The Urban Spoon rating is a 98%, if you're in to reviews.)

 Then we took the subway off into the City! Here are more pictures of our day!

First View of the City!

At a park, We went to a lot of parks that day, so its hard to remember which one. 

Another delicious carb-y food we ate that day.

Happy Dad near the New York Stock Exchange

9/11 Memorial

9/11 Memorial

SWEATY. Also, my bra looks weird. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The day was full of walking, trying to understand the subway system, getting lost, and trying to fine orangeade Snapple. I also learned an important lesson. As I was filming some weird guy with a pink tutu, he saw and came over to me and asked for a quarter for his "Show". When I told him I didn't have any cash he accused me of hating the poor or something, I'm not to sure because then he started yelling at everyone in the park. So, I learned that I need to have quarters or be sneaking when filming the precious individuals of New York City.  

Papa and I ended the day with pizza and wanting to die from the humidity. Typical. 





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 Broke In Brooklyn, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger