LFUSA!

/ 6.10.2013 /


Today I want to talk about the company I am working for, LI & FUNG!

 LI & FUNG is a company over 100 years old. It is located in more than 40 countries with over 7,700 customers and more than 25,000 employees. I actually work in the US division, known as LF USA. LF USA is comprised of 4 divisions: Women's, Men's and Kid's, Accessories & Home and Footwear.

You may have wondered why you have never heard of them, especially since they are quite large. It is because their "customers" are retailers. They work with Macy's, JCP, QVC, Walmart, Target, Khols, and a number of others. LF USA works in private brands, licensing  and it owns a few brands which it sells to its customers. Private brands are those sold exclusively at one retailer, like Xhilaration for Target. When a brand is licensed, LF USA pays a fee to design and manufacture under that name, Rachel Zoe's name is licenced and she approves all designs. They also own their own brands like Frye Boots.
LF USA is a middle man of sorts, allowing companies to expand their brands with LF USA's experience as well as connections with manufacturers

My role within the company is in better handbag sales. The brands I work with include:


They are basically Mom bags.They sell some of them on QVC, so if you want a demonstration of how awesome they are, you can check it out. I also work a little with two smaller but more fancy brands: Johnathan Adler and Rachel Zoe. I think my favorite part of my internship so far is looking around the show rooms. They are so fancy. 

Next time Ill update you on my first week! 











0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 Broke In Brooklyn, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger